Windows 10 Update Issues

raspberry pi imager is now verifying

I’ll tell you what might be a better plan. I can make a step by step list of simple instructions. You can tick them off one by one and if one fails you can message me for further instructions. Does that sound like a plan

now booting up clean

if that is what you wish. I thank you for your time and understanding. i
If you could send me the list via e-mail it would help me a lot and save us bot frustration. Thank you again for your help

Just one question. Did it boot okay on the screen and are you now logged in

If it did boot okay and you are now looking at he RPI screen command prompt you need to configure the RPI with the following command

sudo raspi-config

Are you familiar with that tool

The last line is started daily upgrade and clean activities. No command prompt there yet. Sorry about the delay. I had to step out

I checked and it seems to have booted alright. I started raspi-config.

You can now configure your RPI for SSH and WiFi access there. You can also set your Locales for your own region. Finally you can expand the file system so the whole SD card can be used.

Have you done this before.

Make sure you run sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade before you go any further.

i have always done this more with the menu. I lets give’er a try

You can familiarise with the tool here raspi-config - Raspberry Pi Documentation

Once the OS is set up correctly and accessible via PuTTY you can switch to your PC but it’s important to get the OS functioning correctly first.

I’m in a different time zone to you. Probably +5 hours ahead so the more we can get done in the next hour before I log off the better.

I will prepare that list of instructions so you have them as a reference point for further use.

that sounds good. the upgrade is nearly done

rebooting now. and do not worry. My old system is still working

Ok. As soon as it restarts you can use

sudo raspi-config

to configure your system. Once that’s complete it’s just a matter of the copy paste commands I supplied earlier.

If you get stuck on the raspi-config tool just let me know.All going well HG should be up and running in 20 minutes

this happened

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ echo “deb https://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian stable-raspbianbuster main” | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list
“deb https://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian stable-raspbianbuster main”
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt update
E: Type ‘“deb’ is not known on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.

Any ideas?

Have you used the Nano editor in PuTTY before to edit a file.

no i have not. sorry ran into the minimum again

What I want you to do is examine the sources file and post the first line here as follows.

cd

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list

Copy the first line in that file and paste it to here. Once you have finished press the Ctrl-x keys and the y key which should bring you back to the command line.