Module Names disappearing again?

Ok.Just to confirm

1.Links have been updated in my original installation instructions to reflect HG 1.3 Stable v19

1. All system files can be found at /usr/local/bin/homegenie after installation.

I’ve no control over slow download speeds, faulty SD cards or versions of Raspberry Pi boards used. I did recommend using a RPI3+b for stable operation. I did highlight downloading the Raspberry PI OS Lite so there’s no way a full desktop version could appear after an update.

I think I provided enough instructions for even the most basic user to get HG up and running on the Raspberry Pi/

Yes you did! I just confirmed operations on my RP4 with this setup using HG and the X10 module with a CM19A transciever. Light on/off operational! Thanks for the explanations.
As for confusion, the original link you pointed to but do not maintain is wrong when it states for the raspberry PI installation that the home will be home/homegenie. It should be changed to /usr/local/bin where indeed everything exists! Thanks again!

pi@raspberrypi:/etc $ cd /usr/local/bin
pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local/bin $ ls
homegenie
pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local/bin $ cd h*
pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local/bin/homegenie $ ls
automationgroups.xml
certaccept.xml
CM19Lib.xml
CommonMark.dll
CommonMark.pdb
CommonMark.xml
CREDITS.TXT
CronExpressionDescriptor.dll
de
DEBIAN
es
fr
groups.xml
HomeGenie.exe
HomeGenie.exe.config
homegenie_factory_config.zip
HomeGenie.pdb
homegenie_stats.db
html
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.xml
Innovative.Geometry.Angle.dll
Innovative.Geometry.Angle.xml
Innovative.SolarCalculator.dll
Innovative.SolarCalculator.xml
installed_packages.json
IronPython.dll
IronPython.Modules.dll
IronPython.Modules.xml
IronPython.SQLite.dll
IronPython.SQLite.xml
IronPython.Wpf.dll
IronPython.Wpf.xml
IronPython.xml
it
Jint.dll
KNXLib.dll
lib
LICENCE.TXT
LICENSE_GPLV3.TXT
LiteDB.dll
LiteDB.xml
log
Microsoft.Dynamic.dll
Microsoft.Dynamic.xml
Microsoft.Scripting.dll
Microsoft.Scripting.Metadata.dll
Microsoft.Scripting.Metadata.xml
Microsoft.Scripting.xml
MIG.dll
modules.xml
MQTTnet.dll
NCrontab.dll
NCrontab.pdb
NetClientLib.dll
NetClientLib.pdb
Newtonsoft.Json.dll
Newtonsoft.Json.xml
nl
NLog.config
NLog.dll
NLog.xml
no
pl
programs
programs.xml
pt
Raspberry.IO.Components.dll
Raspberry.IO.Components.dll.config
Raspberry.IO.dll
Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.dll
Raspberry.IO.InterIntegratedCircuit.dll
Raspberry.IO.Interop.dll
Raspberry.IO.SerialPeripheralInterface.dll
Raspberry.System.dll
Raspberry.System.pdb
Raspberry.System.xml
README.TXT
release_info.xml
ro
ru
scheduler.xml
SerialPortLib.dll
SerialPortLib.xml
serviceaddress.txt
sqlite3.dll
startup_debug.sh
startup.sh
SuperSocket.ClientEngine.dll
sv
systemconfig.xml
System.Net.Security.dll
System.Net.WebSockets.Client.dll
System.Net.WebSockets.dll
System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms.dll
System.Security.Cryptography.Encoding.dll
System.Security.Cryptography.Primitives.dll
System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.dll
tmp
tr
Ude.dll
uk
UPnP.dll
WebSocket4Net.dll
websocket-sharp.dll
websocket-sharp.xml
XTenLib.xml
zh-CHS
ZWaveLib.xml

You’re welcome. That’s me done on this subject.

Time to reopen this: my ZW pi stopped communicating on network sometime between 5pm yesterday and 10am this morning. Ping could not find it. I assume it died between 6am and 10am today as HG DID disarm the alarm. HG just keeps posting ‘event stream disconnected.’ Green lite solid on (normal) on the pi.

Cycled power to it to get it back. Now HG again has lost names on ALL x10 sensors, not just security modules. OpenWeather lost all its settings and it is back to default UK location, no key. e-mail tester program fails with ‘missing email address.’ HG email account back empty. Guess only my groups remained unchanged.

Thankfully a restore brought everything back.

So I guess this proves my old SD system was perfectly fine as this new HG only card looses all the HG data also.

Since others do not seem to have this issue of loosing all the customer data in HG, perhaps HG has grown to the point of requiring that fancier pi and the zero W is just too weak a performer? I wonder if anyone else is still using a model ZERO W?

Please see the following post Raspberry pi 3B+ or 4 for HG?

I only had this issue when I first started playing with HG. I suspect it was due to the cheap SD 4 gig card I was using at the time. I have no idea what class it was but suspect it was slower then a class 6 it had no markings indicating the class. Moving to a larger faster SD card has in any case stopped me from experiacing this issue.

Resurrecting this with a newly received Pi4… It would NOT read my ZERO w Pi so I had to burn a new raw buster 8-20-2020 SD card. It fails on updating with the first line of mono code from Pete 11/30 how to install mono:

sudo apt install apt-transport-https dirmngr gnupg ca-certificates

Failure is:
pi@raspberrypi4:~ $ sudo apt install apt-transport-https dirmngr gnupg ca-certificates
E: Type ‘“deb’ is not known on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
E: Type ‘“deb’ is not known on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list
pi@raspberrypi4:~ $

Is this important? I plan to just keep going down Pete’s list and see if HG gets installed and runs…

Further, since first line of upgrade is wrong with “deb,” nothing else works as expected.

pi@raspberrypi4:~ $ sudo apt-get update
pi@raspberrypi4:~ $ sudo apt-get install gdebi-core
pi@raspberrypi4:~ $ sudo gdebi homegenie_1.3-stable.19_all.deb
sudo: gdebi: command not found

It did download HG ver 19 fine tho:
pi@raspberrypi4:~ $ sudo apt update
pi@raspberrypi4:~ $ wget https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie/releases/download/v1.3-stable.19/homegenie_1.3-stable.19_all.deb
–2020-12-13 16:01:06-- https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie/releases/download/v1.3-stable.19/homegenie_1.3-stable.19_all.deb
Resolving github.com (github.com)… 140.82.113.4
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|140.82.113.4|:443… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 302 Found
Location: https://github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com/17072697/d981f380-f35a-11ea-88c4-eb27cbe5c77d?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIWNJYAX4CSVEH53A%2F20201213%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20201213T210108Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=da9dc6f79e3faecf09eb15b2cde5cd7390b305f52328132e80a9f74e5dcbba43&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&actor_id=0&key_id=0&repo_id=17072697&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B%20filename%3Dhomegenie_1.3-stable.19_all.deb&response-content-type=application%2Foctet-stream [following]
–2020-12-13 16:01:08-- https://github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com/17072697/d981f380-f35a-11ea-88c4-eb27cbe5c77d?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIWNJYAX4CSVEH53A%2F20201213%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20201213T210108Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=da9dc6f79e3faecf09eb15b2cde5cd7390b305f52328132e80a9f74e5dcbba43&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&actor_id=0&key_id=0&repo_id=17072697&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B%20filename%3Dhomegenie_1.3-stable.19_all.deb&response-content-type=application%2Foctet-stream
Resolving github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com (github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com)… 52.216.77.188
Connecting to github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com (github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com)|52.216.77.188|:443… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 200 OK
Length: 8193754 (7.8M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘homegenie_1.3-stable.19_all.deb’

homegenie_1.3-stabl 100%[===================>] 7.81M 103KB/s in 1m 42s

2020-12-13 16:02:51 (78.2 KB/s) - ‘homegenie_1.3-stable.19_all.deb’ saved [8193754/8193754]

But without this program called gdebi-core, it cannot install HG…

I will try deleting this file with wrong ‘deb’ line in hopes it will rebuild it correctly…

So using chown and changing ownership from root to pi, I could not delete the offending etc/file but I could mofify it to be empty - that worked and allowed upgrade and update to work.

Ok down thru to LAST line of installing hg: sudo gdebi homegenie_1.3-stable.19_all.deb

Which fails as:

pi@raspberrypi4:~ $ sudo gdebi homegenie_1.3-stable.19_all.deb
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Reading state information… Done
Requires the installation of the following packages: binfmt-support ca-certificates-mono cli-common lame libgdiplus libmono-accessibility4.0-cil libmono-btls-interface4.0-cil libmono-corlib4.5-cil libmono-i18n-west4.0-cil libmono-i18n4.0-cil libmono-ldap4.0-cil libmono-messaging4.0-cil libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil libmono-posix4.0-cil libmono-security4.0-cil libmono-sqlite4.0-cil libmono-system-componentmodel-dataannotations4.0-cil libmono-system-configuration-install4.0-cil libmono-system-configuration4.0-cil libmono-system-core4.0-cil libmono-system-data4.0-cil libmono-system-design4.0-cil libmono-system-drawing4.0-cil libmono-system-enterpriseservices4.0-cil libmono-system-identitymodel-selectors4.0-cil libmono-system-identitymodel4.0-cil libmono-system-ldap4.0-cil libmono-system-messaging4.0-cil libmono-system-numerics4.0-cil libmono-system-runtime-serialization-formatters-soap4.0-cil libmono-system-runtime-serialization4.0-cil libmono-system-security4.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel-activation4.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel-internals0.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel4.0a-cil libmono-system-serviceprocess4.0-cil libmono-system-transactions4.0-cil libmono-system-web-applicationservices4.0-cil libmono-system-web-services4.0-cil libmono-system-web4.0-cil libmono-system-windows-forms4.0-cil libmono-system-xaml4.0-cil libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil libmono-system-xml4.0-cil libmono-system4.0-cil libmono-webbrowser4.0-cil libmono-windowsbase4.0-cil libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-1.0-doc mono-4.0-gac mono-gac mono-mcs mono-runtime mono-runtime-common mono-runtime-sgen

HomeGenie - open source, programmable, home automation server for smart connected devices and applications.
Do you want to install the software package? [y/N]:Y
/usr/bin/gdebi:113: FutureWarning: Possible nested set at position 1
c = findall("[(/\S+[])]", msg)[0].lower()
pi@raspberrypi4:~ $ …

Any ideas?

INTERESTING! Pi4 distinguishies between cap and non caps on the y/n answer! Resending the commmand and using lower case y let it installl… no clue it if works yet tho as out of time today

Well, pi4 installs and indeed runs much much faster than the zero w! HG restore file in zero takes 3-4-5 minutes to restore; here it took maybe 5 seconds.

Research. Look what the error message threw up in a search https://askubuntu.com/questions/1150864/future-warning-with-gdebi-while-installing-some-packages

I certainly did research my error (not a warning as your link pointed to). My error would not let gdebi even install. My research did not find any solution so I just went to the ext folder where the offending file was located and edited/deleted all content inside it (I could not get permission to delete the file itself with my chown command). Then reran the install command and it worked.

BTW, this is now the 3rd new SD card I have made with buster these last couple weeks. ALL 3 of course work, but all three insist there is a HG update available:

Which is indeed what I am already running. Just an FYI in case others see that also.

PS: I tried the findall command but it does not work:

Did you read the solution from the link I posted.

Solution in answer 1. You’re trying to run a warning/error message using sudo. Makes no sense. You’ll actually do more damage to your install entering random commands like that.

Answer was

sudo sed -i ‘s|"[[.]"|"[\(/\S+[\])]"|’ /usr/share/gdebi/gdebi
sudo sed -i 's|"[[.
]"|"[\(/\S+[\])]"|’ /usr/share/gdebi/GDebi/GDebiCli.py

yes

I copied and pasted your findall line and it did not work so I tried it with sudo in case it needed more permissions. Neither worked.

Since my error preventing installation of gdebi was line 1 in some log file, deleting that line in the file solved my issue.

Findall=c was the output from the warning message not a command to run. I thought that was obvious from the link I sent you. Sudo sed was the solution. Sed is a stream editor that allowed you to edit the relevant file on the fly. Running that command resolved your issue. Randomly removing lines is not recommended unless you know what the implications are.

As was advised in the link I included you probably ran a command with an incorrect syntax which executed but didn’t execute correctly or executed partially.