Homegenie/generic/light widget restore

OK
will report back asap

Whatever works for you…

the backup will not complete just frozen at o%

My understanding of widget installs is they are done with a zip file. You can’t just install the js and html files separately. However I’m not the expert nor do I imply my way is the best way.

Hello petediscreet I believe you are either to busy or possibly off homegenie club for the evening. I don’t want to leave HG incapacitated over night so I am going to do a factory reset and a restore a backup again so as to keep my furnace and lighting working correctly. Perhaps we can If you wish continue this issue later.

Next question.Do you have an SD card image backup

As I said whatever works for you. If you examine the widget folder you’ll see the file structure.

yes I do have an image of the fresh buster install you helped me with. The factory reset did not get rid of that syntax error.

Personally I wouldn’t have any mission critical routines running in HG until you are sure your base configuration is stable.

what do I have to do to get running again

Do you have an SD card image backup taken. Yes or no

the image I do have is the one taken of the buster install you helped me with. im looking for it now

Fine. As soon as you locate it clean your SD card with format and write that image to your SD card and restore the HG backup you took prior to when you first experienced the difficulty you were having with your backup/restore.

I cant locate the mini sd right now however I have on my pc raspian buster-lite compressed zip file dated oct 1 and homegenie 1.3 stable 5 tgz file. can we work with these?

You’ll be starting from scratch going that route. Such a pity you can’t locate that that SD card with the image on it. Maybe you should download that image file from the X10 forum and go that route.

Give me a minute to locate it
OK I I found it .

will you help me install

What have you found. Is it HG on Raspbian Buster. There’s no installing required. Just pop the card into the Pi, fire it up and when it starts do a HG restore as I mentioned earlier

Ok I want to make sure I don’t screw it up.are these steps I would take
1 sudo shutdown now
2 place mini sd into pi
3 power pi up again
4 do a backup and restore.

That’s exactly it. It’s that simple