Ghost RF commands

In theory it shouldn’t but to rule out any artefacts that you may have carried over from that previous image download I’d try starting from fresh on your new install first.

Depending on the size of your installation I imagine it shouldn’t take long to replicate your setup manually and it would rule out any problem configuration files from third party setups.

I’m finding HG on Raspbian Buster a lot more stable on the Pi Zero W. All I have connected is an X10 controller. I’m monitoring four cameras via HG too so lights and cameras are all I’m using with my HG setup.

Petediscreet what ver of buster should I download? There are 4 of them. I did find that my CM15 was not cleared of memory the way I was going about it. Thank You and Tuicemen for guidance on proper clearing of memory.

I would need step by step guidance to paste mono into putty.

I’m sorry there are 3 ver. Large with extra software, med, and Lite which one do you recommend. And finally do I paste Mono into the saved sessions box of Putty then click save? Edal

1. Raspbian Buster Lite

2. You literally copy the text I posted, paste it into the PuTY session and press ENTER. You will see each line execute each time. The Mono section is one complete line so make sure you copy the whole block before you paste and press ENTER.

Im Sorry PeteDiscrete to put you through this but I still don’t understand where to paste mono. I understand you want the complete line pasted in a session. I’ll click on desktop icon Putty then putty opens it then shows a box for host name or IP address and another box for saved sessions which one would I paste to? I don’t want to make any more mistakes that would further issues. Edjal

I’m assuming you have opened a PuTTY session and you are now looking at the command prompt

pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Is that correct

Assuming you are looking at the command prompt in PuTTY as I have described above how far have you proceeded with my instructions.

OK Now I get it what putty session is… I have downloaded buster light extracted with 7 zip, wrote to Mini SD using Win32DiskImager but now when open SD cant find WPA supplicant file. Here is a pic of files. Not sure what Im doing wrong

Did you create a wpa_supplicant.conf file and drop it into the /boot folder of your SD card.

Just follow these simple instructions https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2017/04/manually-setting-up-pi-wifi-using-wpa_supplicant-conf/

Remember you must have your WiFi credentials in the format exactly as it states in the example. One missing dash or dot or space will stop WiFi from connecting.

The wpa_supplicant.conf file is a configuration file that tells Raspbian how to configure WiFi on the first boot and will not show up in the /boot folder after that. If you ever need to reconfigure WiFi just drop a new wpa_supplicant.conf file into the /boot folder once your SD card is back in your card reader.

I do advise reading those instructions carefully to familiarise yourself with setting up Raspbian on an SD card.

I did not setup WPA file will attempt to setup now.

I am still trying to setup a wpa that connects no luck yet. will check back when I connect.

The SSH file and the WPA file must be created with a plain text editor. An editor that doesn’t create additional formatting characters.

The SSH file must have no file name extension in its name. Be careful using Windows editors as they usually add .txt to text file names.

Check to ensure that .txt has not been added to either file name as they will not work if it has.

The two file names are as follows

SSH
wpa_supplicant.conf

I have no idea how to create an SSH file.

Using a plain text editor and create a file with the name SSH. Leave the contents blank and save it. It really is that easy. A blank SSH file.

I can’t stress it enough these simple steps will have you up and running with Raspbian via WiFi with SSH enabled. Read and follow each step carefully. https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2017/04/manually-setting-up-pi-wifi-using-wpa_supplicant-conf/

I have carefully created wpa_supplicant.conf and saved to my documents. Have not yet copied to SD card. I double checked all info and appears correct. When I create the SSH blank file do I copy it to the SD boot folder Also?

Yes. If you are working in Windows just drag both files into the /boot folder on your SD card