TP-Link interface

Hello,
Here is an interface for the TP-Link device.
I have the HS103(US) smart plug and the HS220(US) smart switch

On, Off and Dim for the switch.

Simply name the Tp-LInk module the exact same name as the Tp-Link device

1011-TpLink.hgx (7.9 KB)

please have a try

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have the hardware you mention but it’s refreshing to see something “new” in HG. Well done :+1:

I’m realize I’m very late to the party, but I’d like to try to use this.

I’m new to HomeGenie on a Pi3B+ using Buster 32-bit OS. I have two TP-Link Kasa HS100 smartplugs I’d like to use. I have imported the hgx package under programs.

However, I can’t figure out how to add Kasa devices. When I try to do “Actions Add Module” in the Group and modules page, TP-Link doesn’t show up as an option.

Also, my home’s group got messed up, to the point I could no longer edit it. I had to restore my SD card from backup using raspiBackup.

What version of HG are you using.

I’m using v1.3-stable.19 .

Once you have installed the relevant .hgx file which should consist of a predefined widget and it’s associated program you need to Enable the program in the Programs section. Can you find the relevant program in the Program section.

Hello there! Does anyone know if this interface is compatible with TP-LINK lights as TAPO L530E or TP-LINK plugs as TAPO P100? Thanks.

Pete,
I did exactly that before, and that’s the point at which HomeGenie became unusable, and I had to restore my SD card from backup.

You’ll have to post some logs for anyone to help here. I don’t use that particular equipment so I can’t run any tests here.

Which logs do you need ?

I don’t think I got to the point at which any equipment was detected. Just installing the hgx hosed everything pretty thoroughly. You may be able to reproduce without any TP-link hardware. But I would recommend backing up your device before doing so.

There’s no point in me installing that program. I was referring to HG’s own logs.