Program "Trigger" question/problem

I just installed an Aeotec WallMote. I want to use it to trip a couple of Zwave switches on and off. I know both programs I wrote to turn them on and off function because when I click the “run” button the switches respond in kind.
I am have trouble with the WallMote Trigger information.
The WallMote device can be used several ways. I am just using the left and right part as a trigger.
When I push the left button and “capture” the signal I see the following–
{“SceneId”:1, “Level”:17, “PressType”:“Pressed1Time”}

When I push the right button and "capture’ the signal I see this–

{“SceneId”:2, “Level”:22, “PressType”:“Pressed1Time”}
The left one always states SceneId"1 and the right one #2.
However each time the button is pushed the level numbers count up to 255 and then start again at 1.

So when I try to use the captured info as the trigger event for a program I either have to push the appropriate button on the WallMote 255 times or RUN the program from the HG computer.

Is there a wildcard type character I can use in place of the level number so HG will think the trigger is EQUAL TO no matter what the level number actually is.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Alan

Hopefully some user of that technology will see your post and help you.

I probably didn’t understand your problem correctly, but, did you try to send the signal you need via Chrome, and intercept the string, so that you can copy it to an HG program that you can run when the button is pressed?

Thank you for the reply.
I used the “capture” feature in HG to grab the string when I pushed the button on the device. It does work to trigger the program one time.
The problem is that the next time I push the button on the device the “level” part of the string increases by one. It counts up to #255 and then starts again at #1.
So the string that I use for the trigger is not the same until 255 pushes of the devices button have happened.
So I believe I need a way to keep HG from reading the entire trigger string or a wildcard character I can substitute in the string for the changing level number.

The device has 2 buttons. The left one always return #1 in the string and the left one always returns #2.

Could you paste a copy of one of the strings you capture in HG for your device.

There might be something useful here you could use http://old.homegenie.club:8080/www.homegenie.it/forum/index5935.html?topic=1329.0

When I push the left button and “capture” the signal I see the following–
{“SceneId”:1, “Level”:17, “PressType”:“Pressed1Time”}

When I push the right button and "capture’ the signal I see this–

{“SceneId”:2, “Level”:22, “PressType”:“Pressed1Time”}
The left one always states SceneId"1 and the right one #2.
However each time the button is pushed the level numbers count up to 255 and then start again at 1.

Ok looking at the logic the 1-255 are dimming steps, 1 being the lowest and 255 being the highest. That must be the intensity button and the other button is on/off. I imagine that just cycles between 1 and 2. That would be the button you would use in your trigger. Can you use that button.

This gives a good overview of the Aeotec Wallmote https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/blob/master/doc/aeon/zw130_0_0.md

There are two distinct buttons on the device. The
left one always returns “1” and the right one always “2.” Only
the Level number increases.

Does the level increase on both

Although this is an OpenHAB binding you may get some more information that could be useful to you https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/blob/master/doc/aeon/zw129_0_0.md

The level # only increases on the switch that is
pushed. They are not linked.