North American x10 security console intergation

To test the RF Send Arm function on your HG system, go to your web browser address bar and copy/paste the following

http://???.???.?.??:???/api//HomeAutomation.X10/RF/Control.RfSend/29989706F96180

Replace the ? with the IP address and port of your Raspberry Pi.

Report back to see if it works

System armed almost immediately!

Now we can concur that the Disarm command works

http://???.???.?.??:???/api//HomeAutomation.X10/RF/Control.RfSend/29989786796180

Now we have proved that RF Send does in fact work with your SC1200.

This is an extract from a post I made from on the X10 Forum where I documented exactly how to incorporate this function from within HG

Just for clarity I’ll repeat the steps to send an Arm and Disarm RF Send code DIRECTLY from HG to your security console via your CM15 or CM19

In Homegenie select

Configure->Programs->Security->Actions->Add new program->Enter new program name->(give your program a name and press Ok)->Program Code->Add Command->X10->RF(Sensor)->Send RF command->29 98 97 06 F9 61 80 When that code is entered into the value box select Done. Now select Actions->Save->Back. Now make sure you Enable the program by clicking the triangle mark to the right of the file name until the button to the left of the file name turns yellow. Now click on the file name and select Actions->Run and all going well your console should arm.

Repeat the steps above for the arm program. The only thing you need to do is replace the hex code I supplied above with the following
29 98 97 86 79 61 80
and save this one under a different name. This should Disarm your panel.

What I now suggest is that you read through the complete discussion here which discusses the SC9000 but also applies to the SC1200 and a number of other X10 security consoles. http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31123.0

Okay! That was fairly easy. I got that to work now.
Arming the 1200 from inside HG.
What I would love to see is that when you push the keyfob, HG arms/Disarms as well as the 1200.

Did you read fully through that link I posted.

It fully documents how to achieve this from within HG. Your panel has reacted to the Arm/Disarm commands which proves that RF Send from your CM15 to your security console functions using the HG API functions correctly.

After all the CM15 is an transceiver too contrary to what others may have stated in the past. Comms work both ways on RF with HG as long as you issue the correct instructions otherwise it defaults to RF/PLC. There’s no big mystery in this.

As promised
STEP1: FIND & ENABLE REMOTE CONTROL PROGRAM IN HG

STEP2: CREATE NEW PROGRAMS

STEP3: ADD THE COMMAND AND THE APROPREATE CODE
Note: screen shot is for arming using petes codes if you wish to use your own key flob or SH624(Security PalmPad) click trigger code then capture and capture the code by pressing the appropriate button on the remote. once you have that code copy it and return to the Program code and enter your RF code

I posted programs created by Gene for doing the HG security prior in the X10 forum http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30855.0

Well with all this instruction did you manage to set the panel up to work with HG or are you going to keep us all in suspense !!!

LOL!!! Yes. With your instructions, T’s assist and your final pointers I was able to make it work. I have wished for this for years and years and years. I can arm/disarm my system now with a keyfob and at the same time (thanks to Mr. T’s HG scripts) the HG software arms as well. The issue was that I apparently made it more difficult than it needed to be. It really is a simple solution that is easily to deploy!
The only thing I am having a problem with is removing a zone out of my system. For some reason one of my motions (I have dogs now. Large dogs) won’t get out even though it says cleared. Ugh.
I am extremely thankful for the both of you. Especially you Pete for putting in the effort to make this work and the effort to figure it all out!
:slight_smile:

As I mentioned with the introduction of RF Send into the XTenLib (HG X10 driver) I cannot understand what all the fuss was about getting it to work.

I purchased an SC9000 X10 console on eBay a couple of weeks back just to test my theory and proved that RF Send does work as I laid it out. It was indicated that somehow North American consoles ran a different protocol/firmware that prevented this from working. That notion is debunked too as you can see.

I knew that no additional hardware would be required to implement this. Again I proved that right too. Broadlink sales plummet as a result :joy:

Now hopefully X10 console users can get on with it and get productive and contribute back to the HG project instead of spending countless hours trying to make difficulty out of simplicity.

Remember home automation is all about productivity and not so much about packaging :clap: :clap:

I just realized something. The key fob arms/disarms the console and HG.

Can this be setup to press the arm/disarm in HG to arm/disarm the console?

Seems it should work that way, right?

yes in the security program just set the program to run on arm as your arm program and the program to run on disarm as your disarm program

Seriously, start reading the posts a little more. It’s all there for you to do.

Since Pete is insistent on reading the “document” Please feel free to copy/past the snippet here where it says that I can do what I am asking.

Since we both know it is not there. And Sorry Mr. T. I don’t understand what your directives are and do have other questions; however I feel that I should not ask them. Especially not here.

Apparently unless I am some super X10 genius then bullying from behind a keyboard is acceptable. Not something I wish to deal with.

With that being said I think I will just be grateful for what I have, realize I made a huge mistake joining this board, and delete my account.

Pete. For the record. I forgive you.

Before you throw your toys out of the pram!!!

You have created two programs to Arm and Disarm your panel.

Now select Configure->Groups->Dashboard->Actions->Add Module and navigate down that box until you see the name of the program you created for Arm. Click on it and now you have an Arm button added to your Dashboard. Repeat the same for Disarm and you now have Disarm on your Dashboard.

If you go back to my original post on the SC9000 you will see all this documented both here and on the X10 Forum.I’m not going to start pasting it all over again.

Please remember all help given here and on other forums is given on a voluntary free gratis basis with no commercial gain certainly not for me. I do not solicit contributions or expect any but what I do expect a little more decorum

If you wish to delete your account here by all means contact one of the moderators and instruct him to do so but do remember you do get to enjoy the endeavours of others.

Pete sorry what you say adds to programs to the HG web page it doesn’t do what @LostDog88 is asking.
At least it doesn’t on any pi I run
HGSystemHGSystem1
Lostdog wants to click the home or away buttons in the widget to arm his system.
like wise clicking the disarm button when the system widget displays armed away or armed home to disarm the console.
clicking the gear button (top right) and adding the programs to the on arm and on disarm does that.
the arm disarm or panic programs don’t require to be visible on the web page.

All he asked for is if he could Arm or Disarm from HG. I gave clear instructions on how to replicate all the key functions from the keyfob in the HG UI and create a button to do so. I posted how on numerous occasions.

Maybe if he decided what his goals were from the start and stated them clearly rather than jumping from one forum to another and confusing everyone life would be a lot easier.

I don’t use or need the alarm program that comes with HG as it’s too generic for my purposes I created a virtual keyfob which effectively replaces the physical keyfob and have created all my HG security alarm, automations and notifications needs around it.

Personally I’m done posting on this subject now. I’ve achieved my aim at this stage and it’s up to each user to explore what HG is capable of themselves.