Google Home plugin

well I’ll try again tomorrow eye are getting tired.
Maybe something will come to me while I’m sleeping

Ok will be waiting to see the error your getting when the control get back to GH.

Thanks for your help

Wahoo!!! Figured it out.
Maybe because Im using latest Android pi build on my phone. I had to click top right options button after I got the successful acounts linked info displaying then go down to “Open in Microsoft…” and click that. once i did that i was back at google home and everything is working thanks @saue0 for sticking with me.

Great news, I now need to make the server more stable.
Then convert-it for firebase.

@saue0
I am facing problems with my firewall that will not let me connect to HomeGenie from outside.
Guess I have to buy one tomorrow.
Reverting…

OK, Hosting is now on firebase from google.
The new web address is : https://googlehome.erxinfo.ca

@Tuicemen How is the system working ?
Could you do a test since i did some change.

The web server need a little mode refining.
Once that done, I will submit the project to google.

Will monitore the cost of the hosting for the next months. It’s a pay as you go. With a 300$ us credit for the first years,

Thanks

@saue0 I did a few tests this morning turning things on and off from my phone and with my google mini all work.
However google mini commands were very slow to work . I got the responce that couldnt connect to smart things a couple of times. But I get that from Alexa too. The only complaint so far is the lag time it takes for a command to actually work but Im sure that will improve.

Working on a new version of the cloud.
The problem is the time it take to load the node module when not use for a long time.

Ok new version of the cloud. Hope it will help on performance.
Require new authetification. sorry

and new plugin as well. (test button validate the user in the plugin)
1001-Google_Home.hgx (17.7 KB)

Please use this URL : https://home-genie-cloud.erxinfo.ca

Ill try to test this later today.

Ok I must be doing something wrong the web page https://home-genie-cloud.erxinfo.ca throws a sync error.
I’m trying all this from the PC maybe I need to use my phone and link from that.

If you press the sync button, this send a command to Google to sync the device (only valid when the link in done inside Google Home).

You need to relink your account in Google Home as well.

Does the Dashboar work ?

ok so I tried with my phone in google home but I’m still getting an error saying couldn’t update settings

So I tried the dashboard again with my phone and google home and I get the error processing sync request

Ok
1- be sure that the test button is working in the config .
2- Did you change the user id to “s6bWcJbHEEdt3N2a2qRpIMzg5bf2” in the plugin

If the test button is not working , for shure nothing else will.
The new plugin is validating the User ID.

The next step is to create a HowTo. that will be on the home screen o the web application

1 I’m a bit confused aboout the test button there is one in the configuration screen and one in the dashboard of the web page but none in the HG program. Both buttons at the web page display errors.
2:I did change the user id

Is there a widget for this? configuration info shows there should be.

I added some instruction on the home page of home-genie-cloud.
Look at it and give me some feedback.

Thanks a lot for helping me realise this project.

Since the Google api key input isn’t required this is confusing perhaps that input line can be removed from the HG app options.
That is what had me confused the very first time and this last time was the issue I was running into.
Or change the name of the input field for the Google ID to HG Cloud ID to help remove some confusion.
Maybe the screen shot of the configuration could be filled out with some bogus info
Other then that the instructions are good.