Can't get GPIO module to work

I’ve got a fair size Z-Wave network controlled by HomeGenie on an RPi. This part is working well. I’m trying to add some GPIO inputs and outputs to the system, but cannot get the HG GPIO program to work. Symptoms are as follows.

• gpio readall shows that the configuration programmed on the C# new GpioConnection is being passed correctly to the OS. I can see in/out status change in the gpio readall output. I can also see the export entries in /sys/class/gpio come and go as I enable/disable the GPIO program. All good I think.

• If I use the HG switch module however, there is no change in the GPIO output. Ditto, no change when using a sensor module with GPIO input.

• If I write to the export file entries directly, e.g. with echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio23 then the output voltage appears correctly, so the lower level drivers seem to be working OK.

Can anyone help?
Pat.

Good luck with your problem. Maybe if you post on the authors GitHub you might get an answer to your problem. I’m not ZWave user so I can’t help.

I know this post is ancient and probably not monitored any more. I have been looking at GPIO recently as well. I had things working on my RPi1B running Wheezy and HG 501. I am currently attempting to get things working on my RPi3B running Buster and HG 1.3.19 and having no luck. I have done a lot of testing and believe the issue can only be resolved by running Jessie or older as the OS. No version of HG seem to work with Buster or Stretch on either RPi board (tested all the way back to 500 on both). But, if I install Jessie then 500 seems to work. I have not yet updated forward yet. I have posted this as an issue to HG github but so far have not heard back any resolution.

I submitted an issue and later a fix for this. I have posted an updated dll to fix this in another thread.

At this stage you’ve clearly identified the results of the lack of ongoing maintenance to HG. You’ve documented this on the GitHub for Gene to see. All I see now is the GitHub filling up with issues and no fixes forthcoming. I think the author has plenty to be getting on with thanks to your endeavours.

Once again many thanks from this user