Zwave questions

OK- I made a LITTLE headway- I think my zwave module doesnt work. I bought a new switch and it paired successfully to my ZSTICK…

Then I plugged the stick back into the pi and it comes up and seems to discover a “node 2” which is I guess- good.

But now how do I access that from home genie? I expected to be able to “add a module” and pick Zwave.Node2 or something like that… but it doesnt seem to be available.

Thanks!

OK another update… I found the node 2 device and added a 'module" to HG so it is on my dashboard now.

But of course turning that module on an off on the HG GUI does not control the light.

I opened the module settings and tried all sorts of things in there like “get node” blah blah blah… and everything just seemed to time out.

The switch is like 10 feet from the ZSTICK so I guess I just need a little info on what you guys would do to debug a zwave node that seems to be recognized but is uncontrollable… sigh.

I packed up my new zwave devices and sent them back. :slight_smile: It looks like I am not ready to make the leap yet patience wise :slight_smile:

Homegenie looks very nice, but I’ve got a door lock and need it to work. Has anybody got a z-wave device with secure inclusion working?

Hi, @blahbla77 (nice nickname).
As far as I know nobody tried to fix it yet.

1 Like